“Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” Confucius (551-479 BCE)
This week has reminded me how important it is to live in the moment. We only have today. Who knows about tomorrow. So I want to remind you and me to live in the moment with no regrets. Love with all your heart (Happy Valentine’s day by the way!), don’t let the worry of tomorrow ruin the present, and make sure everyone you care about knows how you feel about them. As all we know we have is today.
So today, I challenge you to live in the moment. A few thoughts for today on Valentine’s Day from a book I read on a regular basis. I pull a few bullets each week to practice. The book is 1001 Ways to Live in the Moment by Barbara Ann Kipfer. I highly recommend this book!:
· Forgiving soul: Some people find that forgiveness is one of the hardest qualities to summon. However, if you live truly in the present, so that the past simply falls away, forgiveness ceases to require any effort; it’s what’s left when resentments are annihilated by acceptance.
· Life savings: If you take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.
· Respect each moment: The whole of the life is but a moment of time. It is our duty therefore, to use it, not to misuse it.
· Open soul: The windows of my soul I throw wide open to the sun.
· Daily wealth: The days are of most profit to him or her who act always in love.
And if all else fails, eat a cookie! Or as my mom use to say….Laugh. “The most wasted day of all is one in which you have not laughed. Make sure to laugh” Sally Kidston (1952-1995)