There are times in my life where I just get so excited to catch up with friends, go to activities, and check things off my list that I over schedule myself. This is one of those times. I have been traveling for 4 weeks straight. And one more to go after this weekend. And I’m exhausted. Caught a cold, sleeping and digestion is all out of whack, and I’m just tired.
And while the activities I’m doing are awesome! Great work travel (as much as it can be with it being work), exciting work projects, vacations, ticking off big errands or home projects, trip to see the Cavs play in game 6!, and visits to see family…..I realize I need more down time. I overcommitted which makes me irritable and stressed and I’m still trying to finalize my plans for August vacations. I became so focused on checking off my list and the next fun activity that I lost myself a bit!
I am sure mothers deal with this all the time. Between balancing kids activities, time with your partner, helping aging parents, being a good friend and sibling, and work (if you have work)…it is easy to completely burn yourself out and over program yourself with literally not 10minutes for yourself.
So during this time, so I don’t feel burnt out as I work all week too, I am trying to find little wins to refuel.
Today, here are some of those things. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
- 10 minute meditations on the Calm app
- Journal- even if it is just a few sentences
- Workouts- even if just quick 20 minutes to get them in
- Sitting in silence for 10 minutes
- Drinking a cup of tea
- Communicating and asking those I love to support me in finding more time to relax
- Saying no and cancelling some commitments (something I would never think about doing a few years back….learning to say no thank you or rescheduling for a time that is more manageable).
Giving myself some advice today….relax so you can enjoy life but also enjoy the quiet introspective moments too! It is all about balance. What are some things you do?